Youth living in San Francisco can get up to $5,000 to fund your idea for social change! Applications are due April 1 at 5pm.
10 STEPS TO
APPLY FOR A B.L.I.N.G. GRANT
1. Have an idea for a project that addresses an inequity that SF youth face to be able to complete between June and December of 2016.
2. Get a core group of youth (2-6), ages 13-17 to apply.
3. Partner with a mentor to act as your Adult Ally and a 501c3 non-profit organization to act as your Fiscal Sponsor.
4. Stay connected with us by following us on social media!
FB: youth leadership institute.
5. Sign up to attend an Info Session to learn more from BLING grantmakers!
6. Dream BIG! Create a video OR write a narrative to show the overall idea of your project and why it’s a social justice issue.
7. Think S.M.A.R.T.! Create a goal for your project that’s Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
8. Break down your project into steps so we can see your vision. Let us know what you have and what you need with a budget.
9. Turn in a draft of your application for our Early Bird Deadline March 18th and BLING will give you feedback.
10. Email/Turn in your completed application to YLI by April 1st at 5pm (email and YLI address on last page)