B.L.I.N.G. (Building Leaders in Innovative New Giving) is made up of high school youth from all over SF. We use a social justice model to invest in youth-led projects that directly address important issues and inequities affecting San Francisco communities. If you have a fresh idea for a youth-led project, come find out how to apply for one of our grants! You can get up to $5,000 to uplift your school and community.
10 STEPS TO APPLY FOR A B.L.I.N.G. GRANT
1. Have an idea for a project that addresses an inequity SF youth face that can be completed between January and June 2016
2. Get a core group of youth (2-6), ages 13-17 to apply
3. Partner with a mentor to act as your Adult Ally and a 501c3 non-profit organization to act as your Fiscal Sponsor
4. Stay connected and follow us for news and updates.
FB: BLING fouronefive
5. Sign up to attend an Info Session to learn more from BLING grantmakers @ http://tinyurl.com/blinginfosession
6.Dream BIG! Create a video OR write a narrative to show the overall idea of your project and why it’s a social justice issue
7. Think S.M.A.R.T.! Create a goal for your project that’s
Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely
8. Break down your project into steps so we can see your vision.
Let us know what you have and what you need with a budget.
9. Turn in a draft of your application for our Early Bird Deadline
November 5th, and BLING will give you feedback.
10. Email/Turn in your completed application!
Applications are Due December 4, 2015 at 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Youth Leadership Institute: 28 Second Street Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94105