What is this bill about?
The HOME Act will prevent the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation from transferring to federal immigration authorities individuals who have earned release through criminal justice reforms that were passed by our state legislature. The bill would allow these individuals to return home and reunite with loved ones, the same as any other Californian.
How does it align with yli’s values?
yli partners with thousands of youth across the state, many of whom have family members who are immigrants and/or who are immigrants themselves. We have witnessed firsthand the impacts of family separation – as well as the devastating impacts of living in constant fear of deportation – has on our immigrant community.
This policy aligns with our Racial Justice Platform, which calls for the just treatment of all individuals, regardless of what they look like or where they come from.
What is yli doing about it?
We have just submitted a letter endorsing this bill, and we are showing our support on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Who is sponsoring this bill?
- Alliance for Boys and Men of Color
- Alliance San Diego
- All of Us or None
- American Friends Service Committee-San Diego
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Asian Law Caucus
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Southern California
- Asian Pacific Islander Reentry and Inclusion through Support and Empowerment (API RISE)
- Asian Prisoner Support Committee
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, SoCal
- Buen Vecino
- California Coalition for Women Prisoners
- California Immigrant Policy Center
- Center for Empowering Refugees and Immigrants
- Communities United for Restorative Youth Justice
- Freedom for Immigrants
- Harbor Institute for Immigrant & Economic Justice
- ICE Out of Marin
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Indivisible Sausalito
- Indivisible Ventura
- Inland Coalition for Immigrant Justice
- Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity
- Homies Unidos
- Legal Services for Prisoners With Children
- Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition
- National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Orange County Rapid Response Network
- San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium
- San Francisco Public Defender’s Office
- Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network (SIREN)
- South Bay People Power
- Tsuru for Solidarity
- 18 Million Rising
- Mujeres Unidas Y Activas
- Nikkei Progressives
- Norcal Resist
- Orange County Congregation Community Organization (OCCCO)
- Orange County Equality Coalition
- People’s Budget Orange County
- Prison Yoga Project
- Raizes Collective
- Represent Justice
- San Francisco Peninsula People Power
- San Mateo County Participatory Defense
- Santa Cruz Barrios Unidos INC.
- Smart Justice California
- Social Justice Legal Foundation
- South Bay People Power
- Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- Stop the Musick Coalition
- The Transformative In-prison Workgroup
- Transforming Justice Orange CountyUnited We Dream
- Ventura County Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE-Ventura County)