What is this Act about?
Prop 30 would provide an ongoing, long-term investment to:
- Fight and prevent wildfires
- Expand electric and zero-emission vehicle charging infrastructure
- Provide subsidies to consumers and organizations to make EVs and ZEVs more affordable
How does it align with yli’s values?
The air quality in California has become among the worst in the world, posing a hazard to public health and ruining the quality of life in every region of the state. What’s more, every year, our state experiences more record-setting wildfires and droughts that cost lives, destroy property, hurt our economy and damage California’s iconic natural beauty.
Our youth are directly impacted by environmental degradation – and they have identified Environmental Justice as one of 6 core platforms in their vision for a healthy, whole future.
What is yli doing about it?
We have just endorsed this act, and we are voicing our support on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Who else supports this Act?
- Coalition for Clean Air
- California Democratic Party
- American Lung Association
- Cal Fire
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- Save the Bay
- 350 Bay Area
- California Environmental Voters
- Schools for Climate Action
- Climate Action Campaign
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Youth vs. Apocalypse
Among countless others. You can see the full list of endorses here.