We are currently looking for 10 youth who live, work, or attend school in San Mateo County to act as Youth Ambassadors from July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023.
Youth Ambassadors will provide invaluable insights, feedback and ideas on how to best share the Wysa app with youth, ages 14-25. Ambassadors will assist with outreach by developing social media campaign materials designed to educate youth about the Wysa app, which will help increase their access to care by connecting them to in-person services. Youth interested in joining can apply by filling out the application at this link.
Youth Ambassadors will gain the following skills:
- Technology literacy
- Interpersonal communication
- App analysis
- Public speaking
- Community outreach and engagement
- Facilitation and training
- Understanding of mental health barriers in San Mateo County
Meetings are on zoom and we can provide community service hours and stipends for your participation in the program.
Youth Ambassadors will participate in the following activities:
- Engage in bi-weekly meetings to develop multimedia storytelling strategies to promote the app.
- Facilitate adult and youth-led presentations to community partners (schools, organizations, and other groups with direct access to youth)
- Plan and implement App Downloading Gatherings/Parties
- Develop social media campaigns to promote the app
Youth, ages 14-15, must live, work, or attend school in San Mateo County.