Stipend Amount: $1,000/month
Hours / Week: 15-17 hours/week
Deadline to Apply: Friday, October 16, 2020
This 6-month internship is designed for young people, ages 16-24, who have an interest in strengthening their leadership, storytelling, and social media skills. During the course of the internship, the intern will utilize their skills of storytelling, knowledge of social media, and the ability to identify key issues impacting young people in Fresno County.
The kNOw partners with dozens of youth across Fresno County. This intern will support staff and youth during the production process of The kNOw’s Fall 2020 printed publication, as well as other storytelling needs, such as analyzing key issues impacting young people in Fresno County, editorial and research support, and the production of one (1) piece a month.
The intern will also manage The kNOw’s social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook), identifying, reposting, and creating new content that aligns with The kNOw’s values, and uplifting the work of community partners / organizations.
INTERNSHIP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold yli organizational values of social justice, inclusion, community, and innovation
- Identify key issues impacting young people in Fresno County
- Support program staff to produce The kNOw’s Fall 2020 printed publication
- Provide editorial and research support to youth
- Produce one (1) piece a month; a total of six (6)
- Help manage The kNOw’s social media accounts
- Produce original social media content that connects to The kNOw’s values
- Track and repost content from other yli programs and community partners / organizations
- Support in identifying and boosting content on social media
The kNOw is working remotely until further notice, due to COVID-19. A program laptop and other necessary technologies will be provided for the duration of the internship in order to complete internship responsibilities.
LGBTQ+ youth, Black, Indigenous, youth of color, and youth with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!