BLING is Hiring Youth Philanthropists!
Are you tired of injustice? We want you.
Building Leaders in Innovative New Giving (B.L.I.N.G.) was founded on yli’s conviction that young people are deeply rooted in their communities and have developed knowledge and expertise from their lived experiences. BLING youth grantmakers have provided up to $100,000 annually to up to 24 youth-led projects that directly address important social justice issues and inequities affecting San Francisco youth and their communities.
Programming begins in early September (exact date TBA) and ends in May 2024. The program is HYBRID – we will have weekly VIRTUAL meetings with periodic IN-PERSON community building events.
- Engage in comprehensive social justice training. Before giving away money, youth will develop a basic understanding of a plethora of social justice issues
- Facilitate two grant cycles. Youth will conduct grant outreach, review grant applications, conduct interviews, and make final funding decisions.
- Fund $100,000 in grant funding to youth-led social justice projects
- Build community with other youth!
- Engage in extra program activities: field trips, community service, conferences, etc.
- SFUSD high school students between the ages 14-18
- Youth who are passionate for social justice
- Youth who have a strong desire to create change and fight for equity/equality
- Youth from all backgrounds and neighborhoods
- Youth with dedication and time to commit
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS AUGUST 31, 2023! Questions? Contact Senior Program Coordinator Natasha Zastko at [email protected].