This program’s mission is to increase the number of journalists in San Joaquin Valley newsrooms who have a deep knowledge, understanding, and interest in the issues affecting individuals of color.
The program will encourage high school students who have demonstrated a sustained interest in these issues by focusing on high schools where the student body as a a whole has shown an interest and knowledge about issues impacting communities of color.
This is a multi-year fellowship, starting as a senior in high school or freshman in college. The program will run nine (9) months each year. If selected, active members will receive $300 each month as long as they meet the following requirements:
– Maintain academic growth for a college path
– Must pursue a journalism degree at Fresno City or Fresno State
– Attend 80% of The kNOw Youth Media editorial meetings during their fellowship
– Attend 100% of the monthly CV Journalists of Color meetings (if meetings are missing, 1-on-1 meetings can replace them)
– Publish at least 1 article every quarter
If you have any questions about the application or need help filling it out, please contact Johnsen Del Rosario at [email protected]