Journalists of Color is a collaboration with yli, Fresno City, and Fresno State. The program’s mission is to increase the number of journalists in San Joaquin Valley newsrooms who have a deep knowledge, understanding, and interest in the issues affecting individuals and communities of color.
It is a 4-5 year fellowship, with fellows starting as seniors in high school or freshmen in college (at Fresno City, Fresno State and Fresno Pacific) and ending at college graduation. The goal is to train and support fellows throughout college in order to secure a career in journalism in the San Joaquin Valley after graduation.
Interested in Joining?
The program runs for nine months each year, from October to June. If selected, members will receive $300 each month as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Maintain academic growth for a college path
- Pursue a journalism degree at Fresno City, Fresno State or Fresno Pacific
- Attend 80% of The kNOw Youth Media editorial meetings during their fellowship
- Attend 100% of the monthly CV Journalists of Color meetings (if meetings are missed, 1-on-1 meetings can replace them)
- Publish at least 1 article every quarter